Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul's PAW - Train stuff, a people, and a puppy
From: "Goss,Steve" <SGOSS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 18:59:59 +0000
Paul-
Just stuff a bunch of 15" woofers under the benchwork...

> Especially if you want to talk about DCC control with sound.  There's
> nothing like cramming a speaker inside an N-scale engine!

Yeah, I just bought my first one with sound.  It's an Athearn GP-50 (C&NW
version).  Ran around $250 in HO. (I will eventually have an N-scale layout at
home, probably with DCC as well)  I have this argument all the time with the
guys at the club - I can only suspend disbelief so much when it comes to sound.
 I don't care what you say, you're not going to get anything decent out of a 1"
(or in the case of N, even smaller) speaker stuffed into a plastic shell.  No
matter what they say about how realistic it sounds, you canna change the laws
o' physics, Cap'n.  You're not going to get full response out of what amounts
to a tiny tweeter.

--

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from
Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information