Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Field Glasses recommendations
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 13:54:43 -0800
On 12/24/2014 10:47 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
Second the suggestion of the Pentax Papilio for a smallish pair of binos - and
the close focus is incredible.
Marginal for me because of the short eye relief. See previous post.

"Then look for the longest 'eye relief' you can find. 15mm at the very, _very _
minimum. 17mm+ would be better."

The Pentax 6.5x21 Papilios do have 15 mm, and are OK for me with glasses and eye cups spun down. Without glasses is better, in part because of less side light.

The 8x25 DCFs have 21 mm, and I find them good with glasses.

Bi Visual Moose