Re: [OM] IMG: Our 25th Anniversary

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Our 25th Anniversary
From: Scott Gomez <sgomez.baja@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 16:20:35 -0800
As did I, Rick. And I can remember all too many January days (sometimes the
whole dang month) where the temperature in the morning for the walk to
school was at or near -26F/-32C

And, as you mention, most of us survived the Dumb Shit Kids Do stage of
life--only then no one thought it was in any way remarkable.

I wonder if making people so much safer over the last few decades is why
most of them seem to have pudding for brains in evaluating risk as adults.
Not having learned how to handle the smaller risks when a child or teenager
maybe means one doesn't ever really develop the ability well at all.