Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever

Subject: Re: [OM] blue gold or whatever
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 14:14:24 -0800
On 3/4/2015 1:46 PM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
A perfect example of someone who should know better. It is an error.

Will you admit it is an error of definition, not usage?

It would not cause me to throw the book. Errors concerning engines and their maintenance
would, and I wouldn’t give a damn how otherwise charming it was. I used to munch
Chevelles with my GTO. <wink>

I skipped that part. Went from '55 Chevy bored out to 283, ported, polished and balanced, 'Vette CR 4-speed, to BMW 1600. I used to chew up MGBs and pre-Z Datsuns on windy, two lane blacktop with that. Next car was a different sort of muscle, too, '71 Porsche 911. Couldn't beat the 'Murkin Muscle off the line, but they quickly disappeared behind on the road.

PS: You sound as though you’re channeling Joan.

One of the nicer things said about me. ;-)

I will not go quietly into that long, dark abyss. I will be pedantic until the day I die.
It’s part of my identity. <g>

That's fine, But isn't part of pedantry careful definition of what is being
talked about?

A Fine Line Moose