Re: [OM] (OT) Loch Tay

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Loch Tay
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2015 20:06:15 -0400
I found the opposite to be true. I was surprised at how little I missed my full
kit. So I looked more carefully at what I was looking at. Not as an image to be
captured, thus framed, but as what was right in front of me, and all around me.
(Okay, that’s not entirely true. There were times when I wished I had more
gear, but I got over the feeling pretty quickly.)

Glencoe is nothing short of spectacular. Like the Grand Canyon, it cannot be
adequately photographed. Bits and pieces, sure. Stunners here and there. But
not the whole thing. Nothing even comes close. You have to be out there to see
it, and, in retrospect, I think that’s the thing photography brought to me: I
was out there. I saw it. I was in the middle of it. The resulting images
brought pleasure to many, even me, but they were a faint shadow of being there.

—Bob Whitmire
Certified Neanderthal