Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Slow Night
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 16:44:16 -0800
On 2/27/2016 7:46 AM, Mike Lazzari wrote:
the best fish & chips I've had in the States is the dark side of the moon
compared with the best I've had in the UK--
Might not be so enamored if you saw all the sh&* bottom fish they dredge up around here PCB's and who knows what all to sell to the UK.

Only fish I'll eat anymore is wild caught local salmon.

Wild caught salmon is usually available here, although less local than in the past, and generally surprisingly inexpensive. They were selling Copper River salmon for $10/lb. for a while last fall!

In fact we try to eat local as much as possible.

We have fresh, really fresh, Pacific Rockfish hereabouts. A good replacement for lots of other firm-ish fleshed whitefish. I use it for Huachinango a la Veracruzana. Huachinango is Gulf Red Snapper, but local rockfish, sometimes marketed (only in the past?) as Pacific Red Snapper, is very good in it. Just made it a couple of weeks ago - yum.

Gettin' Hungry Moose