Re: [OM] Totally OT : mechanical watches

Subject: Re: [OM] Totally OT : mechanical watches
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2016 09:36:30 -0400
Just a wild guess. This is a self-winding watch. Perhaps you're wife's normal arm/hand movements somehow prevent or don't allow the self-winding mechanism to work properly.

I looked up the specs on an Omega Constellation and it said to wind the watch if it hadn't been worn for a period of 60 hours. If she wears the watch and religiously winds it once every other day and it then works properly you could say the auto winder isn't working for her for some reason.

Might it also be that she simply doesn't wear it enough to keep it wound? (my guess of the most likely problem)

ps: The 60 hour limit was for a man's watch. I don't know if the woman's watch might have a different limit due to smaller size.

Chuck Norcutt