[OM] So the question arises . . . [was IMG: Fungi]

Subject: [OM] So the question arises . . . [was IMG: Fungi]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2018 16:50:43 -0700
On 7/2/2018 12:22 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
. . . . . . . .
>From a post processing perspective, the E-1 file takes more work to
get the luminance right, but the 6D file takes more work to get the
colors right. The E-1 files are lovely in the middle brightness
ranges, but a huge pain in the highlights. The 6D has a couple stops
more luminance range to work from, but you have to crank the living
daylights out of the saturation to get it to where the E-1 is
natively.

So the question arises . . .

Why do you persist with E-1 and 6D?

. . . . I'm quite impressed with the E-M5 images and feel
that Olympus did a good job of bringing the latest batch of cameras
back full circle.

Without a doubt, I feel that Olympus has the best color signature of
all reasonably affordable cameras on the market.

E-M5 II bodies are cheap now, even new. Although a Metabones adapter for the OM glass isn't cheap, you could have one camera for both uses, with consistent color and processing. And . . . IBIS! You could keep the 6D and occasionally whip it, without actually having to use it for photography. ;-)