Re: [OM] OT : Californians' first hand advice needed

Subject: Re: [OM] OT : Californians' first hand advice needed
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 09:22:42 -0900
Honestly, I would bother with visiting California. Alaska is the place
to go. As nice as Yosemite is, it's kinda a yawner compared to the
scenes around here.

"Kinda" is a bit of an understatement. A person can get really jaded
living up here. It's rather funny because on my Deadhorse to Valdez
trip last week, we were passing through an area that was really really
beautiful and I didn't even bother to get a picture because it was
boring compared to what I had seen the day before.

Ho hum. That's just another wonderful scene. Yawn...  Otters? Yawn...
Hundreds upon hundreds of Bald Eagles? Yawn... Another glacier?
Yawn... Another epic mountain pass? Yawn...

That said, the two-legged "scenery" in California definitely is better.

AK Schnozz