Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes

Subject: Re: [OM] Anchorage Earthquakes
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 19:32:23 -0900
Volcanoes just to the West and south west. Plausible.

It's been relatively quiet for a couple hours now. Nice. But they sneak up
behind you and go BOO!

In the laundry room a new bottle of concentrated liquid detergent crashed
down from the top shelf when everything toppled over. The entire bottle
drained out on the floor. We wondered what happened to the cap. We looked
everywhere. The cap broke off but was somehow shoved inside the bottle.

Weird stuff. One dresser rotated around before falling over. One dish
actually ended up in the cupboard next to where it was. Two shelves lower,
but next one over. A few scratches on the X5 where things ran into it in
the garage.

Here is a YouTube video that was made in my office building. My desk is
directly below the KTVA studio. We may be working from home for a few days.

https://youtu.be/dJhiZL07y_k

AG

On Saturday, December 1, 2018, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>      I remember the drill:  Take cover under something solid or in a
> doorway.  I noticed people doing that in the video of that courtroom.  I've
> never experienced anything stronger than a 2.0, but living in San Francisco
> for two years teaches you quickly.
>
>      The compact area of these events is curious, even when you set the
> USGS page to all events.  It's the sort of thing you see when a magma
> chamber is forming, but the Smithsonian atlas shows that there's nothing
> nearby to suggest that.
>

> >She's really shaken up. The lights went out when it started getting really
> >rough and she couldn't see the stuff flying.  She is also sore as she
> stood
> >and hung onto the countertop. At some point she got under the dining room
> >table.
> >

> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx