[OM] Aspect ratio micro-quandary

Subject: [OM] Aspect ratio micro-quandary
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2019 12:34:49 -0400
From my OM days (1976+) through my E-1/E-3 days, my aspect ratio has always been 3:2.

But, tired of lugging around an E-3 + 12-60 + 50-200 when out and about, I’ve just sprung for a Panasonic G9 and an Olympus 14-150 f4/5.6 superzoom. (Many thanks for many opinions expressed on this list - spent days sifting through and considering how to resolve conflicting opinions.) Thinking that this is The Camera For The Rest Of My Life, though not sure it will last an anticipated 20-30 years. Played with it for a day, like the feel, will get a better idea over the next three weeks in Japan.

So... native 4:3, or lose some 200 pixels top and bottom and stay in my comfortable 3:2 world? The camera is happy either way. What have you other 4:3 and Micro 4:3 adopters done?

Michael

P.S. Gimmicks like “world time” setting and travel start/end dates. Hardly an earth-shaking feature, but a nice touch; when I land at Haneda it will just be “right”, without me having to think.