Re: [OM] Clickity Clack - Revenge of the Keyboards-now OM shutter sound

Subject: Re: [OM] Clickity Clack - Revenge of the Keyboards-now OM shutter sound
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 08:09:27 -0800
Until the earthquake, I had a desk with a motorized lift on it so I
could sit or stand. The nicest thing about it was the ability to
change height by an inch or so whenever I wanted to adjust my posture.
To give the shoulders and wrists relief, just raising or lowering the
desk by a little bit was all that was necessary. After the earthquake,
we got relocated to non-condemned offices without the ergonomic desks.

Now I work out of home and I really need to get an adjustable desk or
a lift mechanism so I can stand once in a while and work.

I still have a large trackball mouse with 9-pin serial connector. The
ball was the size of a standard billiard ball. I thought it was
helping my wrist, but in the end it turns out that it was actually
hurting my wrist. A shame, really, because I really liked the fluidity
of it. I have it connected to my Yamaha AW4416 DAW. It's great for the
mixer because there is never any room for a normal mouse and I can do
stuff with the trackball that is really difficult to do with a normal
mouse.

As a compromise, that seems to be working reasonably well, I have a
Logitech trackball mouse that uses the thumb to move the small ball
around. The primary benefit is the space requirement, but I can tell
after extended use that my wrist will go wonky.

I'm researching gaming mice and might pick one up today. A gaming
mouse has a distinct advantage over a normal mouse as it is much
smoother and refined in sensitivity to tiny movements. I spend a lot
of time in Visio, and normal mice just aren't good enough for that
level of work. But I will need one that does travel well as half the
time I'm flying somewhere.

AK Schnozz