[OM] Union Pacific "Big Boy"

Subject: [OM] Union Pacific "Big Boy"
From: DZDub <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 20:51:18 -0500
I'm not really a railroad guy (though I should probably be because my
grandfather and great-grandfather worked for and lived near the railroad),
but I had the chance to take a short drive to see the one working example
of Union Pacific's "Big Boy" steam engine as it arrived in Wheatland, Iowa,
today and then headed west after a brief rest.

The engines were built by the American Locomotive Company of New York in
the early 1940's for service in the northwest United States, transporting
stuff through the mountains.

Wikipedia has a good article on this locomotive.  Makes me a bit wistful.

E-5 + P-L 14-150.

Joel W.