[OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts

Subject: [OM] Lens choices for m43 - Painful thoughts
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 15:48:21 -0800
So, I have a little dilemma. The right answer is probably pretty
simple, but getting to that answer is anything but.

I really like this GX85, but am mindful of what it is and the sweet
spot that it occupies. The kit lenses are actually very good (sharp,
small, lightweight, excellent optical characteristics). The 45-150 is
pretty remarkable, except at the very extreme of focal-length where it
maintains sharpness, but loses the "presence". The 12-32 is a cute
little lens that actually is quite amazing and punches far above its
weight. But I really dislike the 12-32 for two reasons: No manual
focus ring, and too dim of a lens. I like to be able to shoot wider
open to control my DoF more and the ability to manually focus a lens
(without jumping through extreme hoops) is necessary.

Additionally, there is the issue of being able to utilize my OM glass
on this cute little camera body instead of just on the 4/3 cameras.

The Panasonic/Lumix/Leica 15/1.7 is a wonderful little lens that hits
all of my "first lens purchase" desires for m43. I love the image
rendering, and I love the ergonomics--other than the fact that the
aperture ring goes the wrong direction.

But, the problem is that once I go down that route, I'm dedicated to
buying lens after lens after lens in this new system--a system that I
don't feel any particular long-term relationship desires. It's kinda
like a "Friend with Benefits" vs. "Marriage Partner".

For about the same money, I can get a Metabones focal-length-reducer
in a mount of my choice and adapt some of my wonderful old lenses to
this sweet little camera. If I go this route, I probably wouldn't get
any m43 lenses and would just use the kit lenses.

If I get a Metabones, my options would be a little more variable as I
could get the Canon EF mount and use my OM-EF adapter to get the OMs
adapted. Or, I could get the Metabones OM mount. Do I go with stacked
adapters or stay with the specific matched adapter? I do like the idea
of maximum modularity and flexibility, but am mindful of issues with
stacked adapters.

At some point, I'll be getting a FF camera and adapt my OM glass
directly to that. But the fact is the m43 system does provide for a
much smaller go-anywhere camera that I'd like to be able to fit in and
be interchangeable with whatever else I am using.

AG Schnozz