[OM] How the eye sees colour

Subject: [OM] How the eye sees colour
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 12:34:38 +0000
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi
Those of you like Ken who are knowledgeable about the performance of
different sensors in the production of images  may be interested in
listening to a BBC programme broadcast on Tuesday 26th  -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000fp4n

As a retired scientist, I was fascinated by a description of a new
optical illusion of an image whose perceived colour varies depending on
what shape we perceive we are looking at. Any comments from you experts?.
Another problem for some simplistic  philosophers who argue that the colour
of an object is an intrinsic property without even considering lighting
effects?
Brian