Re: [OM] IMG: Song Sparrow, Tight Crop

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Song Sparrow, Tight Crop
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 13:19:27 -0800
> I know you and Ken have a special love affair with the E-1. I've been
> watching your series of recent posts. I can
> generally tell which have been taken with the E-M1, and prefer them.
> Color is one thing, but an overall sense of clarity, sharpness, detail,
> whatever, is important to me, too.

I don't disagree. As a general rule, it is much more difficult or
unlikely to have an E-1 image that excels in sharpness and detail.
However, clarity is an item I might challenge on. Clarity is more
often than not related to color and contrast. The ability to create
dimensional separation between objects or elements within the image.
The E-1 does have the ability to accentuate clarity without the need
to artificially boost it in the editor. From my limited experience,
E-1 images require far less manipulation to achieve a particular look
than any other camera I've used.

In fact, what is unique about the E-1 is that it makes a "suggestion"
as to how the image could look. I frequently use the E-1 or E-400
alongside the modern stuff so I have a guide image to work from. But
there is certainly a "richness" to the E-1 images that is hard to
ignore.

AG Schnozz