Re: [OM] TTARTISAN 100mm f/2.8 Bubble Bokeh

Subject: Re: [OM] TTARTISAN 100mm f/2.8 Bubble Bokeh
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 20:30:16 -0800
On 11/10/2023 2:53 PM, usher99--- via olympus wrote:
Great bubbles!  Short money for a kewl lens.  The clay gizmo looks very
familiar. Marnie recognizes it as well.

Have I shared this shot before? Don't recall. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts/Bubbles&image=_DSC0534cr.jpg>

I put a string of led lights with solar panel in it; panel around back , out of sight.
It glows in the dark. 🙂

This Vivitar Series One 35-85/2 lens does decent bubbles, too, with this subject. Different FL, FD and aperture, and I just got annoyingly busy bokeh, not bubbles. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Olympus_List/Posts/Misc&image=_DSC0537cor.jpg>

I think there may be an adapter issue and the lens issue as you point out.

A little of each. Here's how the lens that came with the Praktiflex fits, slightly to the left. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/TTArtisan%20Bubbler&image=_B100182cr.jpg>

Here's how the TTArtisan fits, further to the right. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/TTArtisan%20Bubbler&image=_B100183cr.jpg>

TTArtisan on adapter, on Sony, much further to the right. <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/TTArtisan%20Bubbler&image=_B100184cr.jpg>

The adjustable non-macro adapters at least allow the aperture ring to be on top
and not cockeyed at 90 deg.

If it were 90°, it would be easy to fix. The mount on the back of the adapter is simply held on by four screws. It may be mounted at
90° intervals.

Perhaps you can provide an image of what you mean.

Done!

How did you achieve the specular highlights?  Were they from sun lit foliage in
the background?

Yup. Small, shiny leaves of a Eugenia hedge in direct sun.

Definitely requires practice for good bubble images.

Yup, the closer the subject, further the background and smaller the specular
highlights, the better.

Bubbles The Moose