[OM] OM-2S Meter Question

Subject: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question
From: JNVS44B@xxxxxxxxxxx (MR THOMAS N CURLEE)
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 23:45:10, -0500
Joel:

With my OM-2S I set the spot meter on what seems to be a 'average'
part of the scene and then sweep the 'spot' back and forth around the
scene to see if the average is around the set point.  I've found that
this works much better than the auto mode  with some either contrasty
or weighted scenes.  For example, I found that the auto mode does not
handle scenes with overcast sky very well - under exposes the scene
1/2 to 1 stop.  Using the spot mode and sweeping everything else
gives correct exposure.

Tom