Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup

Subject: Re: [OM] RE: Multiple T20 Flash Setup
From: VELUWEH@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 1998 06:40:40 -0500
>Way back when the F280 was first released, I called Olympus
>HQ to inquire why the flash was so low-powered and if they
>were planning to release a T45-like super FP flash.  The rep
>felt supremely confident that Olympus would be releasing a
>powerful "F450-ish" flash in due time.  However, new lens
>production and everything-else Olympus came to a grinding
>halt until the OM3Ti and 35-80/2.8 came on the scene a few
>years ago.

This is interesting and maybe there's still hope?
Certainly, to a certain extent, Olympus must realize that it's foolish
selling high-end prof MF camera's with an amateur flash that dates from
the 80's and is designed for an amateur AF camera, their least
succesful camera too, and discontinued anyway (the 707/77). Just look
at the F280's intriguing AF assistance light that never burns...
Compare this pathetic flash with the boasting language in the OM3Ti
folder, which goes something like this: "THE WORLDS FIRST
ALL-MECHANICAL CAMERA THAT FEATURES BOTH TTL FLASH AND SUPER FP FLASH
EXPOSURE!!!!!!".

Come on, Olympus, you can do it! How about a nice F450 flash, with
bounce head, built-in zoom adapter, GN of 45 (m.,100 ASA, @ 50 mm
zoom), support for all four OM flash modes (manual, computer with 5
apertures, TTL, FP), a set of TTL-FP Auto Cords and a TTL-FP Auto Multi
connector?
Did we also mention that an OM5/6 AF a la Contax would be an extremely
smart move on the market?
Maybe it's time to send Emile Ratelband to Japan. This Dutch
pep-talking fruitcake would certainly drive them nuts, but maybe it
helps. "Come on, Olympus, you can do it!!! Tsjakkaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!"

"I had a dream" [M.L. King]

Hans