Re: [OM] Paul Van T. (zero OM-content)

Subject: Re: [OM] Paul Van T. (zero OM-content)
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 18:12:08 +1000
>>I agree with you John, but not all countries have freedom of speech.
>>Australia doesn't.
>>
>Huh???????????? What????????????? Can you explain?
>
>Ulf Westerberg

The US has freedom of speech enshrined in their constitution. And for some
unknown reason, freedom of the media. Australia doesn't. there is an implied
freedom, but this must be tested through common law and the courts. And no
freedom of hte media (they just assume they have it and behave like pigs).

The bottom line is that it makes very little difference. We still say and do
as we like, as no-one could be bothered going through the courts to
allow/prohibit any speech. Apathy rules!

Foxy