Re: [OM] Re: misc...

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: misc...
From: John Hermanson <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 1998 14:53:25 -0400
The main "bug" of the original 4 was high battery drain.  The current 4Ti
boards are  1/2 to 1/3 that amount.   If the 4Ti goes on for years and years
in production (?) there may be circuit improvements, otherwise, not.
One thing that old OM-4s did:  Fire the shutter with the body cap on, set to
auto.  Shutter stays open, and remains open even if you turn the switch to
manual (while the shutter is open).  This might be one way to tell if your  4
had ever received a new circuit, as later circuit versions didn't do this.

John
Camtech