[OM] OM SC-35, OM1 Black, OMPC, XA, XA2, endoscope adapter, Ektachrome S

Subject: [OM] OM SC-35, OM1 Black, OMPC, XA, XA2, endoscope adapter, Ektachrome SW 200
From: "Thomas H. Hogan" <flzhgn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 19:57:58 -0700
Fellow Olympians:

I went window shopping today and yesterday and saw some neat stuff
at a couple of camera shops in Newport Beach, California

The Used Camera Store 1 (714) 645-9161  The (area) code may change soon.
The proprietor David L. Moore had some OM stuff as follows:
1) An OM 1 Black good condition (I forgot the price)
2) An OM endoscope adapter (no endoscopes)
3) A Flash grip with cords $125
4) Olympus XA cameras (3) priced between 129 and 160 with A11 flashes
   (I looked at the Olympus XA cameras) there was also an XA2

This guy has given me some good deals so if you contact him please
be sure ask for the Hank Hogan discount.  You've got to call be cause
he often has an eclectic stock -- not just Olympus, too.  He's got
all kinds of stuff and he ships all over the US.

Across the street is Cal's Cameras which is sort of the Orange County
version of Samy's Cameras in LA.

I saw for the first time an Olympus SC-35 ($200) which looks sort of
like an OM88 but larger.  It was fitted with an double cross hairs
transparent focussing aid which probably means it was used in
conjunction with an Olympus microscope.  It is powered by 4 AAA cells
in an arrangement like the OM77 it had a PC socket for flash and a
standard hot shoe.  I was tempted.

OM 77 ($150)  I was tempted.

OM PC ($forgot) hmmm.

I forgot the telephone number but you can look them up just ask
for Cal's Cameras in Newport Beach California.  It's a fun place
to visit and a good source of information sometimes.

Finally I purchased a roll of the new color infrared E6 slide film
($22 including tax) and thought about the new color Ektachromes that
Carl mentioned.  They had the new 200 speed Ektachrome SW in stock
in the professional film section it was priced at twelve dollars.
--
Hank Hogan --

BTW,  I'm looking for a job as a biological science research
    technician.  If you know of anyone who might need a technician
    with my skills (see resume on my home page) please let me know.
--
Thomas ?Hank? Hogan
Biologist, Photographer, Web Designer