Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.

Subject: Re: [OM] Aesthetic sense.
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 23:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, **= Selena Goth =** wrote:

> Does anyone  have some favorite garden areas around the country to
> visit?

  The first one that comes to mind is Eureka Springs, a little
Hillsborough County park near Tampa. On a weekday, you have the
place to yourself, and I've never even been approached by any of
the park staff.
  Selby Gardens in Sarasota is far larger, and has more variety
of plants --- and crowds. I've always liked the Vizcaya Gardens
in Miami not so much for specific plants (not that I am an expert
in this field, I shoot plants purely for their beauty. There are
real experts here on this subject!), but as a garden. Same with
the Biltmore Mansion (Asheville, S.C.) and Fairchild Gardens in S.
Miami. I always go to the big Botanical Gardens in Chicago, although
it can get really steamy/stifling in the greenhouse parts.

> I recently spent a week at Pine Mountain, Georgia, at Callaway
> Gardens. It was beautiful.

  I must go sometime. It has been one of those things that gets
bypassed on the way to somewhere else.

>  We spent a lot of time in raingear and some
> of our photos are truly awful.

  Why were they "awful" ?

 We are striving to push harder. My dream
> is to one day have a photo that will somehow compare to you experts.

You will fulfill that dream before you know it, if you haven't already.
We are all on the same path, don't worry about what anyone else is
doing. Find your own way, and remember what the saint said: "All the way
to heaven is heaven".

                                     Doris Fang