Re: [OM] high eyepoint?

Subject: Re: [OM] high eyepoint?
From: Soenke Jansen <SoJa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 17:59:52 +0200
Damon S Raphael (W7MD) wrote:

>  The OMs have a large apparent viewing image which is great if you do not
> wear glasses.  With glasses it is hard to see the image corners.

Hi Damon,
the size of the visible image in the viewfinder improves a little when using an
eye-cup with a correction lens. I just found out, because the day before
yesterday I collected the lens that the optician ground from an old pair of
glasses I gave him.
So far so fine but now I have another problem: everything is perfect in
landscape-format but in portrait-format the corrective cylinder is 90 degrees
(=max) off. So probably I'll end up with a stiff neck from tilting the head for
portraits.
Hope this helps,
Soenke, Hamburg