Re: [OM] high eyepoint?

Subject: Re: [OM] high eyepoint?
From: "Damon S Raphael (W7MD)" <w7md@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:16:23 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, October 14, 1998 2:47 PM

>As a fellow atigmatic (?), I can recommend contact lenses for a great
>view of the viewfinder. Only problem is that the contact lens can get
>out of alignment once in a while - and of course the cost.
>
>Regards
>Lars
>--
I used to use contact lenses but when I reached 45 I could no longer
accommadate to closeup vision with contacts.  I had to add reading glasses
over  the contacts.  Some folks compensate by using a closeup contact lens
in one eye and a distance lens in the other eye.  I decided not to try it
because I did not want my vision to fail while I was performing surgery.

I toyed with bifocals and trifocals and alternated with my contacts until I
got progressive lenses. I have been satisfied with progressives and gave up
on the contact lenses.

The old hard contacts gave better astigmatism correction but had a tendency
to fall out of my eye.  I was in Mazatlan, Mexico years ago and while using
my Leica M3 (which has its viewfinder in the left corner) I poked my eye
with the corner of the camera and the lens fell out on a gravel surface. It
got stepped on before I found it.  I spent the rest of the week one eyed.
--Damon