Re: [OM] Portaging gear

Subject: Re: [OM] Portaging gear
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 13:24:30 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, John Austin wrote:

> I think it's been mentioned on the list before, and if not, I'm sure you've
> heard Edward Weston's famous quote: "If it's more than 500 feet from the
> car, it's not photogenic!" The older I get, the more I find myself agreeing
> with that statement. It seems that lately I feel I'm out of my mind, what
> with all the stuff I insist on carrying. Perhaps it P&S time. :-)

  This is why I originally bought OM. I longed for a lightweight, compact
yet fully professional system. It seems I will always fill "the" bag to
near-bursting, so this is (or so I tell myself) why I own bags of several
sizes. The smaller the bag, the further I seem to get from the car :-)
I have a teeny little Lowe Pro in which I stuff an XA+A16, 6 rolls, 2AA's,
lens tissue a plastic "rain bag", and extra camera batteries. It has been
a lifesaver on many occassions.
                                              *= Doris Fang =*