Re: [OM] T-45 Battery Packs

Subject: Re: [OM] T-45 Battery Packs
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:25:16 -0500 (EST)
> BTW, I just bought two used Quantum Turbopacks from Ireland - to give
> new power to my T-45's (for which the original batteries have become
> unavailable...)

An exhaused T-45 battery pack can easily be rebuilt using 20 AA size
Ni-Cad batteries.  The procedure basically involves opening up the
plastic case, unsoldering the connector from the old batteries,
soldering together the new batteries and connector, and closing up
the case.  Total time for a rebuild is about 1-2 hours and batteries
will cost about $50US.  Make sure you get batteries with tabs for
soldering, do *not* solder directly to the battery.
                                -mark