Re: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix

Subject: Re: [OM] lens for sale, OM1 battery fix
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 03:49:06 EDT
Hi Ron:

Welcome to the List.  We look forward to your contributions based on 15 years
of experience.  I think you will find the collective experience and knowledge
of this List to be awesome.

If I may, though, the procedure that you are going about in selling your
Sigma 500mm f/4.5 has been the subject of previous dialog here [not related
to you].  When auctioning an item on ebay, it isn't good ethics to also post
the item in online classifieds.  The act of auctioning it requires you to
sell it to the highest bidder.  What happens if you get a classified ad
response which "competes" against the auction?  You have to honor the ebay
contract and sell to a successful bidder, thus stiffing the classified ad
respondant.  Furthermore, the classified ad reveals your price to the many
people who both bid and read ads.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV