Re: [OM] A T20 Question

Subject: Re: [OM] A T20 Question
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:46:26 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:13, "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Ok then, one more for the books.
>What is it set at when there is no panel in place?

This question is so simple that even I can answer it :-).

There is a slide switch beneath the panel.  With or without
the panel in place, the flash will operate at whatever the
slide switch is set to: 3 stop positions on the T20, and 4
stop positions on the T32 (if I remember correctly, I don't
have the flashes with me at work).  The left-most position
on both is always the MANUAL position, which is also used
for TTL controlled flash (on a camera body capable of TTL
control).

The "calculator" panel serves two functions:
- When the "Automatic control by OM-2" side is out, it
  pushes the slide switch all the way to the left (i.e.,
  the MANUAL position).  You cannot move the switch out of
  this position with the panel in place.  As John pointed
  out, it is not necessary to ever flip the panel to this
  position, if you want TTL flash, just slide the switch
  all the way to the left.
- When the "calculator" side is out, it gives you the
  suggested f-stop/distance combinations for the "flash-
  controlled" auto mode, depending on the ASA setting of
  the film (this mode is controlled by the little sensor
  hidden in the "O" of the word Olympus in the front of
  the flash).  The slide switch is free to move to any
  stop position you desire.

That is the long answer to a short question.  Hope it
helps to clarify things.
        -Dan