Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors

Subject: Re: [OM] OT about punching up colors
From: Acer Victoria <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 20:55:39 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 28 May 1999, John A. Lind wrote:

>Color reversal films seem to inherently punch the colors up . . . and the
>contrast is increased when printed unless a contrast mask is created . . .
>and even then it can still go up.
>
>For color negative you can also try:
>Consumer:
>       Fuji Reala
>
>Professional:
>       Kodak Portra VC
>
>I really have not found anything yet that compares to prints from
>Elitechrome 100, Kodachrome 25 or 64, Fuji Velvia, or the new Elitechrome
>Extra Color, especially the latter two.

Thanks to all who replied. What I am going to do is first try using a PL
filter, and then move up from Superia 400 to Reala 100 or the new S400. I
might pop in a trial roll of Porta VC or it's Fuji equivalent if I can
find 12exp trial rolls. Most of my S400 prints have been nice and quite
satisfactory, but on some occasions, a bit of punch would be nice.

And now for something completely different: short of a handheld meter with
a backlit LCD screen, has anyone found a decent method of metering with an
OM1n in low light? I can't even see the needle move, sometimes. The FM2n's
LEDs would come in handy here....

--
http://student.ucr.edu/~siddim01/
see it as it is, in its random and messy state, but chock full of stuff