[OM] Bulb?

Subject: [OM] Bulb?
From: "Jeff Borenstein" <jsb@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 19:31:37 -0400
Wow, two posts in one day!  Anyhow, when i break out my tripod in a few
weeks down in Costa Rica, i'd like to know the best policy for night shots.
Do you recommend using the Auto mode and let the camera do all the hard
work?  Do any type of shots need > 2 mins??  Say I want a nice night scene
with a 5.6 aperture, 100 or 200 speed lens of a busy street corner and i
want some of the cars to look blury..Will the Auto mode do this?  How am i
going to know how long to keep the shutter open for if I do manual with Bulb
and a external shutter release?  Can someone please enlighten me?

-Jeff