Re: [OM] Unusual OM Book on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Unusual OM Book on Ebay
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 22:46:19 +0200
: Has anyone ever seen this book that is currently on
: Ebay?   http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=141495585
:
: "The World of OM Systems", buy Franz Pangerl.  There is an OM1 and OM2 on
: the cover.
:
: I've never heard of this book, and I thought I knew them all.  But I'm also
: not going to pay over the current (12:00pm) $72.00 that is currently
: bid.  That's too rich for my blood.

This is most likely the English translation of "Die Welt des OM-Systems/Alles
ueber die OM-10 und OM-10 Quartz Data" (1980). I have a Dutch translation of
this book - it's called "Het grote Olympus boek" (1982, Focus, hard cover, 248
pages). Unlike the German title suggests it's not really focused on the OM-10
but instead thoroughly covers about the entire OM System as it was in 1979 - the
time of the OM-1n, OM-2n and OM-10. I bought my copy recently at a camera show
for something like $7.50 or $12.50 in mint condition. The salesman told be it
belonged to the owner/manager of Fodor in Rottterdam and it has an inscription
("Beste Leen,..") dated 13 september 1983 indicating it was a present to him. He
probably never read it...  I would highly recommend this book but not at that
ridiculous e-bay prive (>> $72)...

hnz