Re: OT don't get joke.RE: [OM] ....personalising your OM...

Subject: Re: OT don't get joke.RE: [OM] ....personalising your OM...
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:58:36 +0200
: There is a real island called Corinth, but I don't know the actual
: association of the island with a particular leather tanning process. Mr.
: Altavista didn't know anything about it. It may have been just another
: marketing gimick of Chrysler, who knows? There are other leathers, like
: Connolly leather, used in Rolls Royce cars.

Corinth was a city in ancient Greece; its name and its kings pop up frequently
in Greek mythology. Its remainders were complete destroyed by an earthquake in
the 19th century. Near the site a modern Corinth was established. There are also
two places named Corinth in the US, in Mississippi and New York. If there really
exists something like 'Corinthian leather' it probably is dried buffalo skin, or
in the case of the NY Corinth, which is near a place called Catskill, it must be
dried cat skin. OM content: I do _not_ wish my OMs to be furnished with
Corinthian leather... :-0

hnz