Re: [OM] Storage of chemicals

Subject: Re: [OM] Storage of chemicals
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 10:32:54 EDT
Hi all,

I just received a package from B&H of black and white processing chemicals
(Kodak Fixer, D-76 and Dektol) in gallon packages with the intention of
breaking them down into quart sizes since the cost is so much lower.  I have
a venerable Eastman Studio Scale, so we're talking low tech here.  My
question is, can I store the portions in heavy duty zip-lock storage bags
without any sort of damage to the chemicals?  I plan on putting them in a
dark closed cabinet in a cool basement.  I doubt there would be any moisture
problems with plastic bags, but I wonder about plastic vapors doing something
weird. I would think they will be used within a year or less.

OM content:  also received my lovely OM-4T and F280 gleaned from the various
List postings--wow, what a mail delivery all that was!  Thanks, John and Gary!

-Tim Clark