Re: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?

Subject: Re: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?
From: GMA <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:10:04 -0800
How do I make the incorrect sound here?  It would sound like an out of
tune raspy foghorn. Meaning: close, but no cigar. :>)

(The 90/2 will not mate with the 1.4x.  If it could, it would be a 126
F/2.8)

George

PS: The lens combo I'm referring to equals a 150 F/2.8 or so, maybe a
third or half stop faster even!, but it doesn't measure out to be an
F/2.  The real answer is a 90/2 macro coupled to a well coupled to
another Olympus lens.  (Do the math! Think outside the box! :>)  I dunno
why I'm doing this, but it's kinda fun. :>)   I've tested the combo and
it is surprisingly good in the center, after stopping down a stop or 2.
Not so good on the corners.  Perhaps good for centered macro subject
with good surrounding bokeh.  The tests will be posted on Gary's page
sometime in the future.  We'll see what he rates them.