Re: [OM] OM4 Damage Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 Damage Question
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:26:37 -0600 (CST)
Druring my rock climbing days I (admitting this pretty much
guarantees no one will ever loan me any equipment) dropped an OM-10
off a 20' cliff onto a rock floor (no damage), an OM1n 60 feet off a
cliff where it tumbled in gravel and leaves for another 30 feet,  an
OM-10 60 feet off a cliff in a pack onto a forest floor (no damage),
bashed my OM-1 and OM-10 against countless rock walls and cave roofs,
and carried them loose in bags with chocks, hammers, stoves, helmets,
and other hard objects. The 50/1.8s attached to them similarly
survived admirably and remain in service today.

After 20 years of reliable service, my OM-10 finally got its first
CLA from John H last Spring. My OM-1n (bought in 1981) worked problem
free until a local repair shop damaged it during a CLA in Dec 1998.
John H revived it and it's been trouble free since.

So it's a little hard for me to believe that an OM-4 just fell to
pieces after a mere drop on a concrete floor. I'd demand pictures.

BB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx