Re: [OM] sick OM2SP etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] sick OM2SP etc.
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 00:52:54 +0000
It is fairly straight forward to remove the lens mount, which gives access
to the shutter speed ring below.  However, there is a tiny ball bearing and
spring which one must be very careful not to loose.  The other thing to
watch out for is that the shutter speed ring has gear teeth which mesh
with a little gear wheel which conveys the position of the shutter speed
ring to the electronics.  Obviously it is rather important to
carefully note the relative positions of the speed ring and this wheel as
they must be re-assembled in the same position so that the speed set on
the ring corresponds to that shown in the viewfinder.

I would use a teflon based grease in preference, possibly molybdenum
disulphide based grease alternatively or silicon grease.

Most people who have tried both screens report they are either equivalent
or the OM 2 series has the edge.  The Beatie comes in more configurations
like a grid.

Giles