[OM] Comparative Prices Nikon v. OM

Subject: [OM] Comparative Prices Nikon v. OM
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 22:33:11 -0800
Also today we journeyed over the studio to check out bargains on some Nikon
stuff.  Well it
seems an associate has moved from a life long career of using Nikon to Canon.
No eBay
prices here.  Examples included a practically new Nikon F5 (in box with
warranty card) for
$1300.  An 80-200/f2.8 auto focusing Zoom in mint condition for $380.00.  A
55mm/2.8 Micro
for $95.00 Excellent shape.  There were some other good deals but those really
caught my
attention.  He's got the Nikon F3 which he's holding for me (can't reveal the
the price ...
too low to mention). The cool thing about the F3 was an extra interchangeable
prism which
had a view that you could see from across the room. Even with the winder and
batteries the
F3 is much lighter than the F5.  The F5 takes 8 AA batteries!  But going back
to the Olympus
... well it's so much lighter that you don't even think it uses the same format
film.  Well
I've been putting off this move into the world of Nikon for some time.  If I do
go it will
be a very long slow process.  It's going to be hard to not want to stick with
OM ... but you
got to do what got do. My main reason is just to establish an arsenal of pro
lenses that
will work on the newer digital bodies ... especially when they start getting
reasonable in
price.  I'm sure the glass will not get any cheaper.

Phillip Franklin