Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents

Subject: Re: [OM] Dings, Doinks and Dents
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 12:55:50 +0200
----- Original Message -----
From: "Motor Sport Visions Photography" <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2000 7:43 PM

> If you desire AF and want to stick with Olympus, try an
> IS-3... I currently have an IS-2 and love it. From all I have heard that
> has been improved in the IS-3 would suggest that it is a _very_ nice
> camera.

Indeed it is. The only reason really why one would want an iS-2(000) instead of
an
iS-3(000) is the enhanced macro capabilities with the former. Quoting from
Hans' iS page
at
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/is-series/is-series.htm#Macro
             apabilities
:

--
"The facts that the iS/L Lens A-Life Size Macro H.Q. Converter f=13 cm was
specially

The iS-2(000) is also somewhat smaller and weighs 70 g less (890 g instead of
iS-3(000)'s
960 g). Then of course if you insist on buying new the only option if
you want one of the advanced line of iS's is an iS-3(000), since iS-2(000) was
discontinued as early as 1996 (this despite being released only a couple of
months
earlier in 1991).

> If only Olympus made a "t" version.

You mean a titanium version?  ;-)
I would guess a "S" version is more likely, like the simple line iS-10S /
iS-100S which
is a much improved version of the original iS-10(0). Considering that it is
almost ten
years now since the release of iS-3(000) the most likely name of a new
"advanced" iS
probably is iS-4(000).

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården
http://www.kolmarden.com/

------
"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."
                               -- Charles de Gaulle
------