Re: [OM] Got one on Tom in his own backyard (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Got one on Tom in his own backyard (long)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:40:20 -0700
Spiratone 400/6.3 Mint/OM mount (odd lens, this is)
*Spiratone 60mm Close Focusing Tube for the 400 NIB

Only one asterisk? You should really keep these together.

I had one of these, but gave it to my dad when I got a "real" 300mm. It's low in both sharpness and contrast, but not bad for the price. It originally sold (Cambridge Camera Exchange) for about $99 in the late 70's -- complete with the T-mount 60mm extension tube. It still fetches that in some used shops if in excellent condition.

What you're missing is an eyepiece adaptor that sold for only about $20 when purchased with the lens. It screws on in place of the T-mount to make a fuzzy, low-contrast telescope.

My advice: give it to a student or sell it at a low price to an impoverished photo enthusiast. It's literally nothing compared to the Zuiko, but lots of fun if you have nothing better. It works great for high-contrast subjects, like the full moon.

--
: Jan Steinman <mailto:Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
: Bytesmiths <http://www.bytesmiths.com>