RE: [OM] Re: A bonehead and his 500/8

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: A bonehead and his 500/8
From: Hans van Veluwen <HVeluwen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 11:29:54 +0200
:to mention for setting me straight in suspecting my lens. I'm
:not exactly
:sure what I'm looking for in terms of a fixed Meter Coupling
:Pin, but think
:I understand the reference to a lever on other OM lenses.

You can have a look at
http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/veluwen/om-sif/lensgroup/lensterms.htm
and compare the picture on the right with one of your Zuikos and with the
Tokina if it's still with you. On the Zuiko the Meter Coupling Lever (3)
moves when you turn the aperture ring. The Tokina should have a non-movable
pin that should be in exactly the same position as the lever on the Zuiko
when it's set wide open, when you hold the lens locking mechanisms of both
lenses in identical position. It also should similar in length of the lever,
and straight. The mirror lens  does not have a Auto Diaphragm Lever.

If the pin is bent it should be a simple DIY job; if it's missing you should
have a full refund and if it's in the wrong position it was probably opened
for cleaning and not properly re-assembled.

hnz