Re: [OM] OM body/camera prices

Subject: Re: [OM] OM body/camera prices
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 21:26:05 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Trottier wrote:
But black is less conspicuous in the dark, or even in the light, and
especially if there are reflective surfaces. My tripod's black too.
True, Tom, black has its good points and I think it's a handsome finish
when new. It's just that chrome plating is more durable than paint -
or, at least, that's true of OMs; I'm not sure if it applies
universally. Of course, in the case of my own OM-2S, any scuffs,
scratches and brassing are my own fault and I'm aware of how they got
there, so I don't worry about them. However, if I were buying a used
camera, I might wonder what sort of rough treatment it had received if
the finish was scruffy, and it's more likely to be that way if it's
black.

Regards,

=====
Ray