Re: [OM] Quality of Zuiko single coated 50/1.4

Subject: Re: [OM] Quality of Zuiko single coated 50/1.4
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:37:27 -0500
Hi Ray,

At 10:15 PM 7/17/2000 -0700, you wrote in part:
>Dear all,
>
>I'd be interested to learn of people's experience with Zuiko single
>coated (SC) 50/1.4 lenses. I bought one recently; it was a bit tatty,
>with a (removable) thumb print on the rear element and a loose rubber
>focus grip, which I glued in place. Mechanically and optically it
>appears undamaged. Serial number is 6xxx,xxx so it's definitely SC.

I'm assuming you mean the serial number is in the 600,000 range.  Mine is
more like 300,000, so I guess I out-SC you. :-)

Bear in mind that Gary changed horses somewhat in the middle of his tests
and dropped the OM-1. With your OM-2S you may get stronger performance.

I tend to prefer the 50/1.8 when I want a straight 50, but I think you'll
be more pleased with it than not.  I did my ADITL#2 image with the 50/1.4
(for no special reason).  I over-compressed the web image, so I can't offer
it as any sort of testimony to the lens however. :(

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA