Re: [OM] Which OM is best for Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which OM is best for Macro?
From: "George Sears" <gwsears@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:58:41 -0400

From:                   "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
To:                     <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date sent:              Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:40:52 -0500
Send reply to:          olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> In order of bang for the buck:
>
> OM-2
> OM-2N
> OM-4
> OM-4T or Ti
>
> The OM-2 will do everything you ask for if you add the correct TTL
> Auto Connector (Type 3); and is the cheapest of the lot.  Just
> remember to set the correct shutter speed since it doesn't do it
> automatically with flash. The OM-3 won't do auto exposure that you
> request, although the 3Ti will do TTL auto flash exposure with
Also seems that getting a good OM2sp or OM4 is becomming
more and more of a crap-shoot. Seems like they are all too often
plauged by the no-longer available or overly costly IC.

On the other side of the coin, I've had good luck with the 1, 2, 1n,
and 2n. The OM2 sounds like a very good choice.

geo2