Re: [OM] Billingham (and other) Bags

Subject: Re: [OM] Billingham (and other) Bags
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 19:30:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000, Jim Couch wrote:

> Funny you all should mention bags. I am just starting to look for a new bag. I
> would love to hear form folks on the list what bags they are using and how
> they
> like them. I am just beginning my search and any information posted would be
> most useful to me (and I suspect others as well.)

   I own an embarrassingly large number of camera bags, plus bags designed
for other things that I've modified to carry gear. Enough to
fill a closet. What I use depends on what I'm doing, where I'm doing it,
and how much hardware I'm schlepping. There's no way to recommend a
bag for anyone else, IMO. You need to consider how much you will be
carrying, where and how to carry it, and the balance between freedom of
movement, protection, and accessibility. Take your gear to the shop, and
(after asking) place it in the bag you're considering, and see how it
works for you --- on you. Remember, it will feel much heavier after
resting on your shoulders for hours on end. One of the things I've always
liked is the bearable lightness of being an OM user, and to that end,
with OMs, I tend to travel light, which means smaller bags.

                                          *= Doris Fang =*