Re: [OM] Benelux meeting - the whole story (long)

Subject: Re: [OM] Benelux meeting - the whole story (long)
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 11:11:15 GMT
Here's a thought: how 'bout each recipient of the Zuiko candy putting together some images featuring what each type of lens does best; then compiling them into a gallery with a write-up telling how the whole event transpired, comments on how they are using the lenses, etc., along the lines of what Gary wrote?

Seriously, this is an event of legendary proportions. Imagine, a company simply bequeathing some of its finest wares to users - artists, craftspersons and hobbiests alike - out of a sense of mutual appreciation?

Years from now others will find it difficult to believe this actually occurred. I find it very inspiring.

Lex
===

From: Volkhart Baumgaertner <kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 02:47:58 +0200

Yo,

on Thu, 21 Sep 2000 21:18:58 -0500, Gary Edwards wrote:

>Volkhart, as would be expected, was on his motorcycle and couldn't handle
>anything big. We managed to stuff the 24 mm f/3.5 shift in his shoulder bag.
>He likes landscapes and it was a good fit.

Glad you made it back home safely!
As to the shift, I don't think its main use will be for landscapes - I find
a regular 24 better suited for that, and while the shift is an absolute
jewel I miss the auto-aperture I'm used to. It will come in handy for
shooting in the narrow streets of some of the old towns around here, though,
and that's where I plan on testing it extensively. Thanks again for making
this possible - this one would be extremely hard to find on the
comparatively small German used market, and if I had found one I doubt I
could have afforded it.

I enjoyed our meeting very much; we should by all means repeat something
like this in the not-too-far future.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--