Re: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy (was: OM-3Ti)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM gear with longest life expectancy (was: OM-3Ti)
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:34:56 -0700
-snip

All cameras with LCD's in them will get useless in a few decades or
less, so the OM-4 will no longer do its work then. The OM-3(T), rather
than the OM-4(T), will still do its main task with a separate meter
when the display has worn out.
-snip
Any other views?

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.

Frank,

Do I misunderstand? I thought the LCD was just a display of what is going on in the circuitry. Assuming the LCD goes south on the OM4Ti why wouldn't you still be able to make manual settings as with the OM3Ti? In addition, it seems to me that you would still be able to use the aperture controlled automatic exposure, spot meter and the other controls. You just would not be sure what the settings were.

Winsor
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA