Re: [OM] AOL AND HTML

Subject: Re: [OM] AOL AND HTML
From: Larry <halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:22:57 -0500
25 million customers, having tried nothing else, ADAMANTLY believe that others
are dead
wrong when they point out how much easier & user friendly OTHER  internet
providers are to
navigate the web. From EASIER & better designed common browsers, (as opposed to
the
one-of-a-kind AOL browser unlike any other), to a completely uncensored (from
ANYTHING,
unless you choose) web.  (AOL forces censorship, and members aren't aware.) No
pop-up ads
that AOL forces on you,...email you can more easily keep for as long as you
like, rather
than automatically being deleted after 7 days, version 5 overtaking other isp's
when both
are on the same computer, etc...etc...etc... Its amazing how many problems I
deal with
every day at work from AOL related problems that are not the people's fault.
But, they
truly assume nothing could be easier or more reliable, and they'd actually be
able to miss
out on something AOL offers if they switched, not realizing you can get all
that with
other ISP's also - even your AOL "buddies". Also, AOL's customer service seems
generally not care about any of the problems they cause, unless it affects only
themselves, or members INTERNALLY.     The fact that html email bothers others
outside of
AOL, means they'll casually do nothing about it, and be glad they're hurting
other ISP's,
and ways others access the web.

Version 5 problem of affecting other isp's, or providers on the same computer,
effectively
causing start-up probs with them, is a problem they're barely concerned with,
as it screws
OTHER people up using OTHER companies, as pointed out here:

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site.zhtml?ticker=prgy&script=410&layout=9&item_id=72966

Yes, this is what happens in a world where marketing rules.

sorry for the soapbox tirade. Just hit a continual never-ending sore point... :(

Larry