Re: Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees

Subject: Re: Re: (Fwd) RE: [OM] OT eBay Fees
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:04:17 -0800
 > ><< I heard on the radio yesterday that eBay is going to start charging
 >subscription fees. >>
 >
 >No peep of that on TAGnotes (The Auction Guide), which is a must get,
 >nearly daily newletter for serious online auction buyers and sellers.
 >To sub*scribe, go to:
 >http://www.auctionguild.com/

 It's on there now.

http://www.auctionguild.com/generic.html;$sessionid$NDC4LJIAABYG1WGIHUXETIWY
ZA4S1PX0?pid=37

Nope!  That bulletin is 'bout the fee increase to sellers.  The original
message (if I read it correctly) was 'bout e-Bay deciding to start charging
buyers before they could look at the ads.  I don't see anything on Auction
Guild 'bout that.

Regards,

Chris

P.S.  If the page you cited just showed up, Auction Guild is pretty slow.
I received e-mail from e-Bay two weeks ago (IIRC) 'bout that fee increase.

A fee to look? I misunderstood. That is absurd and would probably kill it. I would think that the sellers would object. I would guess that the majority of buyers are people who look a lot and buy a few times a year. It would hardly be worth a subscription for that.

Is eBay planning to use the porn sites as their business model? :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA