RE: [OM] macro questions

Subject: RE: [OM] macro questions
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:27:59 -0500
Dick,
I was going to mention this, but didn't know if that device would interest
you.
It is actually called the Magic Arm.  Another version is called the Variable
Friction Arm.
Magic is lighter.  Variable version has more tension capabilities.
List Price is ~$100, but I buy them used at Midwest Photo for $30.
Here's copy from B&H:
A fully articulated arm with 90 degree pivotable and 360 degree rotatable
ends, and an elbow that rotates 360o.
Features:
.  A firm turning movement of the control handle locks all thee joints
firmly into position.
.  There are 5/8" studs on ball joint at both ends with 3/8" and 1/4" female
threads.
Specifications
Maximum load: 8 lbs. (3.6kg).

Brian P. Huber